- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1-pound ground spicy turkey sausage
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup part skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Salt & pepper
- To make the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cut squash right down the middle. Scoop out all the seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil.
- Bake squash in the oven for 45 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, drizzle oil into a large skillet and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add turkey sausage and cook until crumbled and lightly brown, draining if necessary, then add chicken broth, tomatoes, half and half, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring everything to a boil then cover and allow flavors to simmer on low to medium heat until spaghetti squash is ready.
- Remove squash from the oven and scrape out all the strands of spaghetti using a fork. Add all the spaghetti squash to your skillet along with a ¼ cup of cheese. Toss well until cheese is melted and squash is fully coated with sauce.
- Transfer squash mixture into your now scraped out squash bowls and top with the rest of your cheese.
- Place them back in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted and squash is heated through.