- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil separated
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper
Dressing (Avocado Crema)
- 1 avocado – pitted flesh scooped out
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ jalapeño, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Start by cooking the brown rice according to package directions. Allow to cool before assembling the final bowls.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks. Slice the bell peppers and set aside.
- Toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, and chipotle chili powder.
- Place the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add in the sliced peppers and toss around with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp tender and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove and toss on the tray with the rinsed and dried black beans.
- Allow these roasted veggies to cool down to just above room temperature.
- While everything is cooking, in bowl, combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, jalapeño, salt, and lime into a food pressor and pulse a few times.
- Make the bowls: fill a bowl with cooked and cooled rice, top with cooled veggies and beans and top with dressing.