- 4 links spicy chicken Italian sausage
- 1-pound butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 10-ounce pasta
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 sage leaves sliced thin
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add butternut squash and cook until soft.
- Remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, reserving at least 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large deep non-stick skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat until browned. When cooked through, set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and melt the butter, sauté the shallots and garlic until soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add pureed butternut squash, season with salt and pepper. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.