- 4 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound pasta
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup basil leaves, packed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- In a stockpot, combine water, olive oil, pasta, halved tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 11-12 minutes, or until pasta is thoroughly cooked and water reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella cheese; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Garnish with fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.