- 2 ½ pounds tomatoes chopped into large chunks
- 2 medium eggplant sliced into rounds
- Olive oil
- 16 ounces prepared gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. On the first baking sheet spread out the chopped tomatoes in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Drizzle the second baking sheet with olive oil and slice the eggplant into ½-inch rounds. Lay the eggplant out in an even layer and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer both baking sheets to the oven and roast for approximately 25-35 minutes, switching the trays and flipping the eggplant once halfway through cooking.
- As the tomatoes and eggplant roast, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- When the tomatoes and eggplant have finished roasting, remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 2 minutes. Meanwhile cook the gnocchi in the prepared pot of boiling water according to package instructions.
- As the gnocchi cooks, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet. Drain the gnocchi and transfer to the skillet. Fry the gnocchi for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes and chopped eggplant to the skillet. Add the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently stir together to combine.