- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4-5 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 large avocado chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Peel and chop your sweet potatoes. Place on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss everything to coat and place in the preheated oven. Let roast for 15 minutes and then flip the potatoes and roast for an additional 10-20 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve to remove the bitter saponin coating. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn heat all the way to the lowest setting and cook covered for 15 minutes or until the water has completely absorbed in the quinoa.
- Turn off the heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the quinoa gently with a fork. Set aside.
- Toss the cooked quinoa and sweet potato in a large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Whisk in the lemon juice. Pour into a jar and store in the fridge while you finish the salad.
- Chop the spinach. Add to the salad along with the chopped avocado and cranberries. Toss everything together.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of dressing.