- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound ground hot Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Using a spiralizer, make ribbons of sweet potato; set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high, heat oil. Cook sausage until browned and no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in sweet potatoes ribbons, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add broth and cook 8-11 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Add spinach, Parmesan cheese and basil to Dutch oven. Toss mixture until well blended.