- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cumin divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 3 small zucchinis diced
- 1 14-ounce can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can dice tomatoes
- 4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat and swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper; sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add the chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Add corn, zucchini, beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and remaining cumin. Stir well; cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion.