- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 1-ounce Parmesan cheese grated
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add red pepper and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, broth, salt, black pepper, and olives; cook 6 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and ½ cup reserved cooking liquid to pan; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and basil; cook 2 minutes or until greens wilt.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.