- 16-ounce Italian turkey sausage
- 14 ounce can dice tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 2 cups spinach uncooked
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, crumbling it and stirring, on medium heat until done and no longer pink. Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes to the skillet. Add red pepper flakes and mix on low simmer.
- In a separate pan, cook tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain, and add them to the pan with the sausage and tomatoes.
- Add uncooked spinach, mix. Add half and half, bring to gentle boil, reduce to simmer, cover with lid and let spinach wilt for a couple of minutes, covered. Remove the lid, stir. Bring the mixture to a gentle medium boil. Add ½ cup mozzarella cheese and stir until the cheese melts.