Creole cuisine is a style of cooking originating in Louisiana, which blends French, Spanish, West African, Amerindian, Haitian, German, Italian, influences, as well as influences from the general cuisine of the Southern United States.
Total: 1 hour 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 1-pound cooked lobster meat (Order here: Lobster Online)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup large diced green bell pepper
- 32 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and green bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, chili powder, and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in lobster; simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Whisk together flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into the pot until smooth until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with bread.