- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (or honey if not vegan)
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoon almond butter
- Veggies: carrots, red cabbage, and broccoli
- Press the tofu with several layers of paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Cut the tofu into ½-inch slabs and press with paper towels again.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake tofu for 25 minutes to dry/firm the tofu. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare sauce by whisking together ingredients until combined. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Add cooled tofu to the sauce and stir to coat. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes to saturate the tofu and infuse the flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, if your adding any veggies to your dish, cook them now in a bit of sesame oil and a dash of soy sauce. Remove from pan and set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add tofu into the preheated pan. Toss the tofu and veggies with the sauce.