- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt (
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white, beaten whole egg works fine too
- Optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- Lightly dust flour on a surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, about 15 turns.
- Divide into 6 equal balls. Roll each ball into ¾-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagels.
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle both sides with the seasoning of your choice. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting.