- 1 dozen roma tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 5 whole cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. Place the rack in the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Cut tomatoes into halves and remove cores. Cut peppers into quarters and remove any seeds.
- Add olive oil, herbs, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Coat tomatoes and peppers in the mixture.
- Place tomatoes and peppers on the baking sheet face up. Add garlic cloves in between the tomatoes and peppers and place any remaining basil onto the tomatoes and peppers. Place in oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, let the tomatoes and peppers cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer contents of baking sheet into a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.