- 1 poblano pepper
- ½ tablespoon chipotle pepper powder & 1 ½ teaspoon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¾ cup tomato salsa
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Chipotle Beef & Avocado Bowls
- 8 ounces ground beef, chicken, or turkey (If you want it to be vegetarian, try Trader Joe’s Beef-less Ground Beef!)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, minced
- 2 limes juice of, divided
- 2 avocados halved, pitted, and peeled
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- Roast the poblano pepper: Preheat the broiler then place pepper on oven rack. Cook until blackened on top, then, with tongs, flip over. Broil until blackened. Continue rotating and broiling until blackened until all sides are blistered. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Make the smoky sauce: When pepper is cooled to the touch, peel off blackened skin, remove stem, and seeds. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, breaking up with a spatulate. Add in mushrooms and sauté until softened and liquid is evaporated just a few minutes. Stir in poblano-salsa sauce and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook a couple minutes until bubbly and a bit thickened. Remove from heat.
- Make quick guacamole: Mash together avocado meat, juice of one lime, ½ cup red onion, and salt.