- 1 cup mashed sweet potato cooked-boiled until soft
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a bowl stir together the cooked mashed sweet potato and flour for the gnocchi until completely smooth.
- Separate dough into four equal parts and roll out into 3/4″ diameter tubes on a surface dusted lightly with flour. Cut the tubes of dough into 1″ pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop gnocchi into it. Once they have risen to the surface, remove, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into the pan. Add gnocchi and cook on each side until golden, then remove.
- In a skillet sauté the minced onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil for the sauce until golden then set aside.
- Add rest of ingredients for the sauce (except for the spinach). Bring sauce to a low boil a for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously until sauce thickens. Then stir in spinach.