- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese softened
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Heat up oil over medium heat. When heated, add onion and sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until lightly brown.
- Now stir in the tomato paste, crushed red pepper, oregano and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth, lightly simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the vegan cream cheese and nutritional yeast. Keep stirring until melted and combined.
- Add the fresh spinach and cook until it’s slightly wilted about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the pasta to the pan and gently toss to coat.