- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup edamame
- ½ avocado, quartered and sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- Make homemade teriyaki sauce by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a shallow baking dish, pour ¼ cup of the teriyaki sauce over salmon fillets and use a spoon to make sure each piece is coated. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but up to four hours. Meanwhile, toss chopped broccoli with oil and a bit of sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place marinated salmon fillets on one half of the prepared baking sheet and add broccoli to the other half.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily and broccoli is roasted about 15-20 minutes. Cook or reheat rice while the salmon and broccoli are baking.
- Grab two bowls, add rice and top each with a fillet of salmon, cabbage, carrots, edamame, avocado, a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of remaining teriyaki sauce. Top each salmon filet with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if using.