- 1 ½ teaspoon + 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat until a few drops of water evaporate within a couple of seconds. Immediately add 1 ½ teaspoon of oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Add the scrambled eggs and swirl the pan so they cover the bottom. Cook until they are just lightly set, flipping or stirring along the way. Transfer the eggs to a bowl and wipe out the pan with a heat-proof spatula.
- Return the pan to heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, carrots, and mushrooms cook about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula or spoon to transfer the contents of the pan to the bowl with the cooked eggs. Return the pan to heat and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes cook until fragrant while stirring constantly about 30 seconds. Add the rice and mix it all together. Cook, stirring occasionally until the rice is hot and starting to turn golden on the edges, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cooked veggies, and eggs stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tamari/soy sauce and sesame oil.