If you’re from the northeast, specifically New England you know how famous New England Clam Chowder is. Corn Chowder has always reminded me of Clam Chowder, so I decided to make a Corn Chowder with Lobster, and it didn’t disappoint. For the recipe, I used half and half instead of heavy cream to lighten it up.
Total: 45 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 46 servings
- 1-pound cooked lobster meat (Order here: Lobster Online)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet corn
- 2 cups baby Yukon gold potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corn and potato to the mixture. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in 4 cups of vegetable broth and half and half.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and turn the heat to low.
- Stir in the wine, paprika, cayenne, nutmeg, and lobster.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.