- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- 1-pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can 15-ounce black beans
- 1 can 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- Pour ½ cup of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Pour the couscous into the saucepan and stir well. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, cook the ground turkey over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Drain the excess fat and wipe the pan clean. Heat the oil in the same pan over high heat, then add the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook, 3 to 5 minutes more. Add the turkey, beans, enchilada sauce and salsa and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve with the couscous.