- 1-pound wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-pound baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ½ tablespoons flour
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt & pepper
- Cook egg noodles al dente in boiling, generously salted water according to package instructions.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and mushrooms, and stir to combine. Continue sautéing for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and tender. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the sauce simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock, Worcestershire and flour until smooth. Pour the vegetable stock mixture into the pan and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Then, stir in the Greek yogurt evenly into the sauce.