- 8 cups of your favorite root vegetables, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup dried quinoa
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Optional toppings: red cabbage and edamame
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together root vegetables, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until fork tender and starting to brown, about 40 minutes, flipping once.
- Add quinoa to a medium-sized pot with 1 ½ cups water, or broth. Bring to a simmer and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble bowls: Add a heaping ½ cup of quinoa, ¼ of the root vegetables, and ½ of an avocado. Drizzle the top with desired amount of balsamic glaze and top with fresh herbs and lemon juice, if desired.