- 1 tablespoon
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-pound salmon
- Salt & pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the salmon and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the red onion and sauté for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the ginger and curry powder and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute more.
- Add a splash of water to the pan, scraping the bottom with the wooden spoon or a spatula to make sure nothing is stuck. Add the bell pepper, coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, and soy sauce.