- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoon vegan mayo
- ½ teaspoon dijon or spicy mustard (
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Bread, lightly toasted
- Sliced avocado, onion, tomato, cheese, and/or lettuce (optional for serving)
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt, and pepper and mix with a spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Toast bread and prepare any other sandwich toppings you desire.
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto of the bread and add desired toppings.