- 1-pound thin spaghetti
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12-ounce grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-ounce marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup pitted olives, halved
- 10–15 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cheese, optional
- Salt & black pepper
- Follow package instructions to cook thin spaghetti pasta to al dente.
- When pasta is almost cooked, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lower the heat and add garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 seconds, stirring regularly. Stir in the parsley and tomatoes. Cook over low heat until just warmed through, about 30 seconds or so.
- When the pasta is ready, remove from heat, drain cooking water, and return to its cooking pot. Pour the warmed olive oil sauce in and toss to coat thoroughly. Add black pepper and toss again to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss one more time.
- Serve immediately in pasta bowls, and if you like, top each with more basil leaves and cheese.