- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut ½ inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and dived
- 1 roma tomato, cored and diced
- 1 lime, halved
- Taco seasoning (I made my own- See below!)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- Guacamole (Check out my recipe on my blog!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Dice the chicken into small pieces. Combine taco seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the pico de gallo, set 3 tablespoons of the diced onion aside and place it in a bowl with tomato, 2 teaspoons lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook until it starts to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining onion, poblano pepper and taco seasoning to the skillet and cook until it softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ½ cup water and corn. Cook 1 to 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Divide rice/quinoa in 4 bowls, top with chicken, guacamole, cheese, and pico de gallo.