- 2 tablespoons oil (I used avocado oil!)
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt & pepper
- Cook onions, garlic, and garlic: In a big pot, warm oil on medium-low heat. Add diced onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook this on medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the onion starts to appear translucent and smell fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the jalapeño, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook for a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Stir in the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, until the chickpeas are soft and tender, about 20 minutes.