- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, zest only
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pasta (I used gnocchi!)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the tip off the garlic bulb, just exposing the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Wrap the bulb in foil and roast for 30 minutes. Let garlic cool and then squeeze out roasted cloves into a bowl.
- To roasted garlic, add a pinch of salt and mash together with a fork. Stir in ricotta cheese, lemon zest, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water from the cooking process when you drain the pasta.
- To finish the sauce, add ricotta base to a pot with pasta water. Stir hot pasta water into the ricotta over low heat and continue to stir until it is smooth and thick.
- Add spinach and mushrooms to ricotta sauce.