- Pasta (I used gnocchi)
- 1-pound Italian chicken sausage crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon flour (I used gluten free flour!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil a salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Take the sausages out of their casings and crumble the meat into a skillet. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is nicely browned on the outside.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside. If there is a lot of fat, discard most of it.
- Add the garlic, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, flour, and lemon juice to the pan. Stir until well combined and let it bubble for a minute or two.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cream to the pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage back into the pan. Cook for another few minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Stir in the spinach. Let it cook for a minute or so until it wilts. Give the sauce a taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately with some freshly grated parmesan if desired.