- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup sliced green onions, white and light green portion
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped small
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey then let cook until slightly browned on bottom, about 3 minutes, then break up and continue to cook until it is fully cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile while turkey is cooking in a mixing bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey, set aside.
- Drain of excess liquid from turkey then push to one far side of pan and pull that side of pan off heat.
- Heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil in now empty side of skillet.
- Add green onions and carrots and sauté 1 ½ minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and sauté 30 seconds longer.
- Pour in sauce and water chestnuts then cook and toss 30 seconds longer.
- Serve warm in lettuce leaves.