- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- Salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes and spices. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.