- Package store-bought pizza dough
- ¼ cup flour for rolling
- Cooking oil spray
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove pizza dough onto a lightly floured work surface and allow it to come to room temperature. Slice dough into 12 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin or your hands, roll out each dough into 5-inch rounds. Lightly spray a 12-capacity muffin pan with oil. Gently press each dough piece into each muffin cup to fit into the base and sides.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese onto each dough first to prevent the dough from getting soggy. Layer with 1 teaspoon pizza sauce; 2-3 tomato slices, shredded basil, one more slice of mozzarella, and top with extra shredded basil. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded mozzarella onto the tops.
- Bake until dough is golden brown and crisp about 12-15 minutes.