- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 ½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale OR spinach
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: Sriracha hot sauce, fresh chopped basil, cabbage, or cilantro
- Prepare the vegetables and have them close by before you heat the pan. Cook your rice according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is warm, add the chopped onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste, coconut milk, and water. Stir well for a few minutes, until the curry paste is dissolved in the coconut milk/water. Now add the kale or spinach and stir it in. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and cook covered for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, pure maple syrup, soy sauce and fresh lime juice.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice and optional toppings.