- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces chopped kale
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Before draining the orecchiette in a colander, reserve about ¼ cup of the starchy pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin preparing the rest of the recipe. Slice the chicken sausage into medallions.
- Add the olive oil and chicken sausage to a large pot and sauté over medium until the chicken sausage begins to brown about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and butter to the pot with the sausage and continue to sauté for one more minute.
- Next, add the chopped kale and reserved pasta water. Turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to cook and stir until the kale has wilted about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cooked and drained pasta. If the pasta and kale are still steaming heavily, let the contents of the pot cool for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to release steam. You want the Parmesan to coat the pasta, but not melt.
- Once the pasta and kale are hot, but not steaming, add the grated Parmesan, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.