- 1 white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 packaged firm tofu, cubed
- Salt & pepper
- Add oil and broth to a large skillet with the diced onion, garlic, and carrot. Cook for 6-7 minutes over medium heat, stirring often, until starting to soften and become fragrant.
- Add the zucchini and red pepper and stir to combine, adding a bit more cooking liquid if the pan is drying out.
- Add the tomato paste, curry powder, turmeric and salt and cook for a few more minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and simmer lightly until the carrots are tender and it is thick and creamy, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally as it cooks.
- Stir in the maple syrup, peanut butter, and cubed tofu and cook for a few more minutes until the peanut butter is combined and the tofu is heated through.
- Serve over rice.